Thank you for your interest in working at The Art Cohort.
WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY RECRUTING
If you love art and are passionate about emerging art and artists then we’d love you to volunteer with us.
working with volunteers is key to our mission to champion emerging art and artists here at the art cohort.
as a volunteer, you’ll help welcome visitors, invigilate the exhibition space, talk about art and ideas and assist in hands-on art classes.
you’ll receive training and experience in welcoming visitors, providing information and gain real experience in an artist-run artspace. in return we ask you can commit to joining us for at least 2 shifts per month.
we are actively recruiting volunteers to support our programme of exhibitions and events, and have volunteer opportunities in our curatorial and learning programmes.
if you would like to apply to volunteer at the art cohort please email Kat at email@example.com
we ask all volunteers to provide references and undertake a dbs check.
We offer a summer internship programme to provide deep experience of working in an artist-run artspace. internships are available in the areas of curatorial practice, arts management AND marketing.
Summer Internship – 20th July – 31st August 2020
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early stage Artspace, gain understanding of the arts world and work in a dynamic and fast learning environment. Successful interns will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects.
What You Will Learn:
● Assisting in the promotion, management and administration of The Art Cohort’s exhibition programme and schedule of classes and workshops
● Contribute to building the Exhibitions programme future schedule ● Acting as the first point of contact for staff, receiving visitors and resolving queries
● Managing The Art Cohort’s social media channels and messaging of content
● Organising and attending meetings
● Assisting the Director with exhibition opening evenings, press nights, presentations and other events
● Conduct social listening studies and art trend analysis
● Review artists’ and institutions’ applications to The Art Cohort
● General office admin and team support duties
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
● A keen interest in the Arts and an aspiration of a career in Arts Management
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Calm, organised and tactful approach with the ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
● Resourceful and can work independently.
● Experience of setting and completing tasks using your own initiative as well as undertaking tasks under guidance.
● Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel
This is an unpaid internship. The Art Cohort supports interns to build skills and experience to develop and further a career in the Arts. It is possible to enrol in the Internship programme on a full-time or part-time basis (minimum 3 working days per week).
TO APPLY Submit your CV and cover letter (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted) to Kat Dawe Schmeisser at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close – 27th April 2020
Our 2020 Artist Residency will run 1st June – 31st July at The Art Cohort in our ‘out the back’ artist studio and courtyard space.
artist residency is a 9 week programme, providing no charge artist studio space, an award of £500 and a solo exhibition at The Art Cohort in August 2020.
we ask resident artists to run 2 workshops with adults / children during the residency.
Applications are now open until 31st march 2020, to apply for an artist residency please submit your application at:
resident artists are required to undertake a dbs check.